As a recruiter, you will know the importance of using social media as part of your recruitment strategy, but do you know how to do this effectively? And how can you use social media systems like LinkedIn, Twitter, etc… to recruit without spending too much time online and not on the phone? This blog with Lisa Jones will help you to generate more inbound leads through social media, spend less time on job boards, and more time managing your pipeline.
Lisa Jones, the founder of Barclay Jones, has worked in recruitment for nearly 20 years and coaches recruitment businesses and their teams to generate better leads, opportunities, and sales. An expert in all things recruitment marketing, Lisa has compiled her 5 top tips for utilising social media in recruitment. Read them below:
How recruiters can generate more leads from social media
1. Spend 5 minutes a day cleaning your LinkedIn notifications and checking for leads – this will ensure that LinkedIn only shows you genuine leads, and only shows your face to genuine leads. This is a great hack for improving speed.
2. Use LinkedIn SSI to understand where you need to improve your LinkedIn profile – You need to maximise your time, so need your profile and activity to really work, even whilst you’re sleeping.
3. This is one of my favourites. Use Awards in your niche sector to generate warm calls – Have a calendar of the awards in your sector and be ready to congratulate/mention the awards in your messages to prospects and clients.
4. Grow your connections with content (add a link to one of your blogs in your LinkedIn invites) or find content online which really nails any issues they may have in their jobs/sector. If you have nothing on your blog which does this, give your marketer the Paddington Bear stare.
5. Use Calendly to give your candidates and clients the opportunity to fill your diary with calls, then get on the phone!
Looking for a new job in recruitment? Want to know more about the role of a Recruitment Consultant? We’re always on the lookout for ambitious recruiters to join our teams in Derby, Leicester, London and Leeds. We have an unrivalled training programme that will give you all of the tools you need to be successful – not forgetting our generous basic salary and uncapped commission! Contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Rachael Bailey, below for an informal chat about a career with ATA Recruitment.
If you’re not looking for a new role but want to keep up to date with valuable recruitment content and advice, subscribe to our recruiter newsletter.
Talk to Rachael about a career in recruitment
Subscribe to the ATA Recruiter Newsletter